Monday, April 19, 2010
The Song of the White Pelican
I really enjoyed this piece by Jack Turner. I always like reading about how a certain species lives and interacts with nature. Turner provided a lot of information about pelicans that I never knew. I never really knew anything about pelicans until I read this piece. Turner talks about whee pelicans live, what they eat, and how they interact with their environment. Also, Turner's writing flows smoothly. His transitions are smooth and make you want to keep reading. He asked questions throughout this writing as well which also kept you reading because you wanted to see what the answers were. Lastly, I found it intriging how Turner ended this piece with a question. It makes you think about everything he has set in front of you and it tells you that there is still things that need to be talked about about pelicans, yet we may not know what those things are yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment