Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A First American Views His Land

I really enjoyed this piece of writing. I think N. Scott Momaday did a great job portraying what things were like in the history of the land in which we live in now. You could really tell how much he loves the environment. He shows how people that lived long ago, lived alongside the land. These people knew the land was powerful and therefore they did not harm it. They absorbed its beauty and used its resources cautiously. Resources such as food, water, and shelter are all available. The Indians that lived in this time period understood the importance of the land and held it sacred. Also, within the writing, I liked how Momaday inserted parts of one of his poems throughout the piece. It kind of gave me a moment to reflect on what he had previously said in his writing, yet it leads you to the next section of his writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment