Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Polemic: Industrial Tourism and the National Parks
For me, this reading has been one of the most interesting pieces we've looked over so far. I agree with just about everything said by Edward Abbey. National Parks are becoming more and more humanized. They are turning into urban areas and have people that visit that don't treat the land with great respect. Edward Abbey talks about Industrial Tourism as the killer of National Parks. I agree completely. Society's innovations and technologies are becoming ever more apparent in National Parks. So much of what is done in National Parks is un-needed, and so much money is going to waste. If we would stop industrializing National Parks, the environment would become cleanlier and survive much longer. Also, I think if we carry out the ideas that Abbey proposed, people would be healthier. They would be forced to get out and exercise and explore by themselves, instead of being lazy and just looking out from a vehicle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment