Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My First Summer in the Sierra

I liked John Muir's writing a lot more in this piece that I did from the last one we read. It made more sense to me. The point he was making is that the world is a beautiful place and you can see almost all aspects of it in the sierras. There is plenty of diverse wildlife and different climates throughout the mountains.
I specifically like how Muir described the encounters with the bear and grasshopper. To him, they were both beautiful to the world. They both seemed to enjoy life and live in a fun, relaxing environment. Muir grabbed my attention more during this writing. I guess I'm not sure why, but it could be because I like to enjoy life also and this whole writing was about him talking about how great the world is.

No comments:

Post a Comment