Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Walden; or Life in the Woods
I believe that this piece was well written, but it didn't seem very appealing to me. I do think it was interesting finding out how Walden adapted to the environment he was living in, but I feel like he went off on too many tangents. Throughout the piece, he would start talking about random things in life when all I really was looking for to reading was how life was living in the forest. I know that most of the things he talked about did relate to living in the woods, but I really wasn't looking for comparisons or contrasts. I just wanted to know exactly what it was like living by yourself and with nature in the woods. Also, his writing was different; he jumped around all the time and carried on sentences forever it seemed. It kind of lost my interest because I just wanted to know what would happen next, but he just dragged certain topics out. Lastly, I do think it is interesting and cool how he even attempted to do this. I just wish he would have talked more about what it was like living like that, rather than talking about everything he was thinking about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment