Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Thousand-Mile Walk to the Gulf

I understand what John Muir was trying to say during this piece of writing. The point that he was trying to get across was that this world was meant for all organisms and objects. It is not only just for man-kind. I agree with his argument. Humans are "taking over the world," and other creatures can do nothing to stop us. They just want to mind their own business and feel just as important as every other animal is to the world.
Muir's writing was very thought out, but for me, it was almost too much. It seemed like he dragged on sentences forever and it began to lose my attention. Also, the way he worded many things were hard for me to understand, along with some of his vocabulary. But, after reading this piece, I think it is a good model of what our world is coming to.

No comments:

Post a Comment