Questions:
1) Even with a few neighbors, do you think O'Brien is lonely living where he is or do you think he enjoys his time living by himself with the beautiful landscape surrounding him?
2) What do you think will happen to the thirteen buffalo calves O'Brien now has? Will they all survive or will some die? Will O'Brien become very close to them or will they become wild?
Right away this book captured my attention. As Dan O'Brien was driving he encountered a buffalo in the middle of the road. Instead of trying to get the buffalo to get up and move away, he watched it until it moved on its own. This little scene seems like the focus of this book. Buffalo are completely innocent and people should not bother them for they will cause no harm unless aggravated.
As for the rest of the book so far, I believe that it can be a good book, but it hasn't quite got there for me. I am interested in all of the parts where he is actuallly talking about the buffalo rather than his property adn how he came to be a rancher. there just seems to be some dull parts scattered throughout the reading. I'm sure there is reason behind these scenes. I know they are creating background information that many readers may like to know, but I don't really have as muchg interest in those topics as I do when he talks about the buffalo. Personally, I would like to learn more about how the buffalo live. And when O'Brien explains how buffalo once thrived and how they live today, it really captures my interest.
Now, looking ahead, I am expecting to learn more about the trhirteen buffalo calves O'Brien picked up. I hope the other readers and I see how the calves grow and how O'Brien cares for them. I would rather like to read about the present than the past in this book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment