Monday, March 8, 2010

Smokey the Bear Sutra

In all honesty, I did not really follow or understand this reading. It was hard for me to figure out what was being said and what I was supposed to get out of it. If I had to guess, I would say that Gary Snyder was saying what the world was like through his analogy of Smokey the Bear. He begins by how our world used to be and then talks about how people have influenced our land. When he's talking about the people, he is referring to Smokey the Bear in his writing. I did think his writing style was interesting, but difficult to follow. He jumped around a lot, and he also made certain things stand out by making a phrase in all capital letters. Personally, this was not one of my favorite readings. It seemed to far out there for me to comprehend very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment