Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Making of a Marginal Farm

I really like Wendell Berry's writing in this piece. It was a relaxing tone and was an interesting, yet somber reading. There was no real affect it had on me, except that it made me feel good. The character in the writing was just living life as it was set before him. He never really wanted to be a farmer, but he turned into one. It was almost like it was his destiny. He loved nature and the Kentucky area, and his father was also a farmer. I think it would be cool to live in such a way. Today, I am striving to achiece an education for what I think I want to do. Berry's character didn't have to do any of that. He did go to school and stuff, but not to be a farmer. It's almost like life is cyclical. Where you started in life as a child is where you will eventually end up when elderly. Inbetween is when you explore and discover the world that you don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment