Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Having Faith

I find this writing by Sandra Steingraber very interesting. It's hard for me to believe everything that she is saying. She says that breastfeeding is dangerous or harmful to infants and that they are at the top of the food chain. I do understand how she thinks infants are at the top of the food chain, but I grew up being taught that breastfeeding was good for infants. I'm not sure why, but I believe I was told that infants will be "stronger" if they drink breast milk. Steingraber talks about all the dioxins in breast milk and the dangers they have on infants. I believe this to a certain extent. I'm sure there are some cases where human breast milk can be dangerous, but I think that the majority of breast milk is healthy. I bet there are more healthy things about breast milk than bad things. Steingraber just didn't mention the good things that breast milk provides. If there are dioxins in breast milk, I'm sure the good things about it cancel the bad things out and therefore would be similar to formula milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment